Monday, October 29, 2012

Having your boss in the voting booth with you...

I really cannot believe this is OK, but it is as the law changed in 2010.

From the NYTimes: Bosses Offering Timely Advice: How to Vote

Letters are being sent to employees from executives of companies warning that if President Obama is re-elected the company could be harmed and jobs may be in jeopardy.  David Siegel, CEO of Westgate Resorts, sent a letter to his 7000 employees letting them know if Obama won, there may be higher taxes that could hurt the company's future.  "The economy doesn't currently pose a threat to your job.  What does threaten your job, however, is another four years of the same presidential administration.  If any new taxes are levied on my, or my company, as our current president plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company."  When questioned about pressuring his employees to vote for Romney, Siegel stated "There's no way I can pressure anybody.  I'm not in the voting booth with them."  OR IS HE???

Sounds like a threat to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment