Monday, October 29, 2012

And now the recipe...

SKUNK!!

In the midst of storm preparation last night my dog, Sallie Mae, was sprayed in the face by a skunk.  A quick outside wash using shampoo and what I had left of a V8 did little to reduce the smell but did clear up her face so she wasn't bothered.  I looked up a remedy on Google (thank goodness for Google!), mixed up a batch and proceeded to the shower with Sallie.  As I'm cleaning her, I think, this is what our whole election system needs.  I'm so tired of the ads, name calling, over the top fundraising, phone calls (although I am still hoping for a call to be polled), and just about everything else about this election. Just thinking that this process is yet again right around the corner (seems like it) tires me.  Yes, I'm still voting but I'm not happy and not optimistic.  The entire venture has me down.  So, here's what we need, multiplied by however many you think need to be doused and scrubbed ("use a sponge around the eye area" or not...):

1 Qt Hydrogen Peroxide
1/4 cup Baking Soda
1 tsp dish washing detergent

Mix well!  Let's get the stench out!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog needs a "like" button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did put me on the trail of the 1Billion raised! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete