Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Bias in the media

Does NPR have a Liberal Bias?  I'm not sure but I do agree with this quote from David Carr of the NYTimes:

"Many in Congress, including Mr. DeMint, have argued that NPR’s serving of news comes with a heaping side dish of squishy liberal ideology. And that’s true to a point. In terms of assignments and sensibility, NPR has always been more blue than red, but it’s not as if it has an overt political agenda. Working in public broadcasting probably disposes you to certain kinds of government assistance — to public broadcasting, for example."

Question:  do you think you can detect bias in the reporting of an issue you don't care about? Well....No.  I'm not sure I would be able to.  I'm not sure I can detect bias in the reporting of an issue I do care about. I may just object to the information and ignore it.

Lots of folks think there is bias in the media and the call is out to tune out the liberal media.

From a Fox News story:

More than 20 Prominent Conservative Leaders Call on Public to Tune out the Liberal Media!

In a letter posted on Media Research Center (America's Media Watchdog!) site, the conservative leaders claim the established media are "out of control with a deliberate and unmistakable leftist agenda."

Fox News states regarding the liberal media "To put it bluntly you are rigging this election and taking sides in order to pre-determine the outcome."

No comments:

Post a Comment