Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Dashed hopes on being polled

Wanting to be polled I let the family know that any calls coming in should be directed to me. I generally ignore the house phone at all times but now, different story.   The boys would glance at the screen on the phone and say “It’s a poll mom” and I’d take the call.  Well, to date:

·         I’ve talked with someone to clean the chimney (yes, I scheduled a cleaning after thinking of last year and all the wood I burned during the power outage)

·         Had a very nice conversation with the Red Cross about giving blood, the election, polling, giving blood, where I could give blood, scheduling a time to give blood

·         Declined an offer to refinance my house at an extremely attractive rate

·         Declined several other “extremely attractive” offers

·         Took a call from the high school letting me know that my 15 year old son has two detentions this week (he regretted handing me the phone and I suspect he has since been screening calls and working against me on the poll issue, just in case it is another call from the school) #donttrust15yearoldson

·         I’ve talked with anyone from my family who has called resulting in family members visiting us during the holidays.  All good.

No comments:

Post a Comment